ARBS 2014 wraps up
This year’s technical seminar series was very well received, with attendees across a range of industries and organisations getting the latest on legislative and technology changes and hearing case studies from national and international speakers. Seminar registrations were higher than the previous show, aided by sessions on highly topical subjects including HFC phase down, the repeal of the carbon tax and sessions for tradies including working with R32.
The theme for ARBS 2014 was “connecting your industry”, a focus that encapsulated the benefits of the event for attendees, and ARBS was again applauded for offering the right combination of information and networking opportunities. Multiple exhibitors were pleased to report that not only were visitor numbers up, but the quality of leads was high. One exhibitor had signed up two new distributors by the end of the first day of the show.
Another highlight of ARBS 2014 was the gala dinner at which the ARBS 2014 Industry Award winners were announced and five nominees were inducted into the ARBS Hall of Fame.
MCd by actor and funny man Shane Bourne, 450 industry attendees laughed and applauded their way through the evening, held in the Savoy Ballroom of Melbourne’s Grand Hyatt hotel.
ARBS 2012 Industry Award winners are:
• Young Achiever award – Brett Saunders of Hiflow Industries
• Outstanding Service and Maintenance Provider – Precise Air
• Product Excellence award – Hercules Packaged Air Conditioning Unit – Actronair
• HVAC Project Excellence award – Queen Elizabeth II Courts Of Law, Brisbane – Aurecon Australia
• Refrigeration Project Excellence award – Coles Supermarket, Hallam
• Outstanding Education & Training award – Web-Based Training (Technicians) – Daikin Australia
ARBS Hall of Fame Inductees:
• Alan Woodhouse
• Alan Obrart
• Albert Watson
• Bill Siganto
• Kevin Lee