Wiring Rules Amendment No.2 has been released
The 2018 edition of Electrical Installations AS/NZS 3000:2018, or ‘Wiring Rules’, Amendment No.2 has now been published.
The main changes are in relation to RCD type and their applications, including:
- Changes to the wording of clause 220.127.116.11 regarding accessibility of switchboards
- Changes to clause 18.104.22.168 to exclude switchboards below certain ratings from the requirement to comply with AS/NZS 61439
- Generator main switch is replaced with a circuit breaker symbol in figures 7.3 to 7.6
- Inclusion of recording test results in Section 8
- Clause 8.3.7 has been reworded to include the requirements of clause 8.3.8
It also has additional references added to Appendix A. This guidance is also provided so that the electrical installation will function correctly for the intended purpose and it considers mitigating the foreseeable adverse effects of disruption to supply.
AS/NZS 3000:2018 Amd 2:2021 PDF is available from Standards Australia as a FREE download.