Practical solar + storage training on the latest equipment
Glen Morris (VP of the Australian Solar Council) will be running his four day residential solar + storage training courses at Moora Moora Community Cooperative near Healesville, Victoria 16-19 February.
This course will deliver a detailed understanding of how to size, configure, program and design both on-grid “solar hybrid” systems (solar panels plus battery storage) and off-grid stand-alone power systems. No prior knowledge is required though a basic understanding of solar PV systems would be helpful.
No “live” LV electrical work will be undertaken by participants, thus no electrical licensing requirements. All practical system training will be done on ELV (<120Vdc and <50Vac) systems and pre-wired LV systems.
Students will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to design off-grid or on-grid “hybrid” system to customer requirements.
The course will be wholly held at Moora Moora Community Coop – an off-grid community consisting of 30 homes and about 70 residents. Moora Moora has been living and demonstrating off-grid living for over 40 years.
The course fee includes accommodation (backpacker style bunk rooms) and all meals professionally prepared by our chef (any special dietary requirements will be gladly accommodated).
Other accommodation options are available nearby including: Lyrebird Cottages, and many others in and around Healesville.
Moora Moora Coop is about 1.5 hours drive from Melbourne Airport. No public transport options are available so you will be required to make your own transport arrangements.
The training facility has been generously supplied by many of the leading off-grid and on-grid “hybrid” system manufacturers. You will be training on the latest equipment from:
- eCoult (UltraFlex battery)
- Redback Technologies (5kW smart hybrid inverter)
- SMA Australia (Sunny Island 8.0H, SB3000TL-21, SB5000TL-21, Webbox, Sunny Sensor, and Meteorstation)
- Schneider Electric (XW+ 8.5kW inverter/charger, 600V80A MPPT, RL 3kW solar inverter, ComBox and System Control Panel)
- Selectronic (3 phase SP Pro + ABB inverters)
- Outback (FXR & Radian inverter/charger, Flexmax 80 and Mate3)
- Studer Innotec (XTM4000, VarioTrack, RCC, and other monitoring equipment
- AERL (CoolMax charge controllers)
- Plasmatronics (Dingo charge controllers)
- Fronius (Galvo string inverter)
- Canadian Solar (PV modules and Camel Energy Storage System – full hybrid unit)
- ReneSola (RePlus hybrid inverter)
- Giant Power (IPS and IGS hybrid inverter)
- Alpha ESS (hybrid inverter)
- Victron (various on and off-grid solutions)
- 360Storage City Solution (SolaX hybrid inverter with Pylontec lithium storage system)
- ET/SolarBridge (AMI micro inverters – on-grid configurations plus Power Manager)
- Skystream (wind turbines)
- Stream Engine (2kW micro hydro turbine)