Philips presents range of lighting at Light + Building 2012
“LED Lighting plays a unique role in creating meaningful experiences for people and delivers significant energy savings,” says Philips chief executive officer Frans van Houten.
“Today we are proud to present a broad array of LED lighting solutions designed to create inspiring ambiences both in buildings and outdoors while reducing energy consumption and operational costs.”
A full switch to the latest LED lighting would provide energy savings of up to 80% in many applications, and an average of 40% for all lighting. LED technology also offers possibilities to digitally control light and create intelligent and dazzling light experiences.
Lighting accounts for 20% of global electricity use, while public spaces and commercial buildings alone represent 60% of lighting-based electricity use. At Light + Building 2012, Philips presents intelligent LED solutions and controls that offer efficient and flexible lighting for streets, buildings and shops, when and where it is needed. These solutions enable substantial energy savings while making streets safer and buildings more comfortable, and creating more attractive shopper experiences to drive sales.
The new range of LED bulbs are designed to emit warm white light similar to traditional lamps, with dramatic energy savings (up to 90% less energy consumption) and a lifespan of up to 25 years. Also recognising that people have varied preferences in light tone, Philips has developed the unique DimTone feature that allows light to be adjusted simultaneously in intensity and color, from bright to warm light, to create the ambience of choice by means of a dimmer.
At Light + Building 2012, the company proudly presents its latest line-up of LED design luminaires for the home.
New technologies such as OLED are re-defining lighting design, with their thin form and diffused light quality. Philips demonstrates OLED installations and solutions at the show.
Philips’ highlights at Light + Building 2012 include –
• CityTouch intelligent light management system for city-wide street lighting.
• Light Balancing solution from Philips and Somfy that intelligently manages the balance of artificial lighting and natural daylight in offices.
• Extended range of Philips’ innovative PureDetail LED solution for fashion retail.
• 75W LED replacement bulb for both consumer and professional applications.
• Nick-Knack design luminaire for homes based on the Italian animated series ‘’La Linea’’.
• A new high performance Lumiblade OLED panel for general lighting applications.