REC launches REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 Series
REC today began commercial production of the new REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 Series, a full-black variant of the REC TwinPeak 2 Series launched in January 2017.
REC has produced uniformly black-coloured multicrystalline cells through the implementation of its highly innovative proprietary cell technology. When assembled together with a black frame and black back-sheet the result is the first full-black panel from REC.
“REC continues to accomplish new feats with multicrystalline technology. In addition to reaching power levels that were once unimaginable on this platform, REC can now produce black multicrystalline cells for a truly full-black multicrystalline panel, resulting in a product with high power output, renowned REC quality and optimised aesthetics,” says REC vice president of global marketing and product management Cemil Seber.
The REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 has a nominal power rating of up to 285 Wp and is the second product in the REC TwinPeak 2 family.
It features several evolving REC TwinPeak technologies, including:
- Cells made from larger wafers for increased current production
- Five busbars for reduced cell resistance
- Half-cut cell technology to further reduce internal resistance
- Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) technology for increased light capture
- Split junction box spread across the middle of the panel, allowing an innovative panel design and improved performance in shaded conditions
The REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 will be available globally and is certified according to IEC 61215 and IEC 61730, as well as UL 1703. It has a maximum system rating of 1000V and is 100% free from potential induced degradation (PID), avoiding power losses even in the harshest conditions.
More information about the REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 Series and other REC solutions can be found at www.recgroup.com/en/products-solutions